Friday, March 23, 2012

Confused by Gas Prices

I know I'm not the only one and I guess I'm not really looking for someone to come on in here and offer an explanation but - COME ON!!!
We're still here in Destin, FL and a new gas station, RaceWay, just opened down the road.  It's selling gas for $3.75.  On either side of this new place, not even a quarter mile in either direction, same side of the friggin' street, are gas stations selling at $4.05.
Now, why the hell would anyone in their right mind stop to get even more screwed at the pump?  Doesn't Shell and whatever that other one is, think, "Gee, Ralph, maybe we better lower our prices.  Everyone and their second cousin is going to the new RaceWay next door."  You could probably spit from one station to the next if you were a hefty gal or guy.  Not that I'd want to see anyone do that.  Spitting totally grosses me out.
So - the "gas conundrum" will probably go on forever now.  I don't see a resolution anytime soon.  Of course, I don't understand what the hell got us into this fix in the first place so why would I expect a resolution?
Just think how we'd revolt if the price of milk or bread fluctuated like gas does.  We'd be out there in front of the grocery store picketing and shouting slogans and burning our bras.  No, wait, that was another decade but you get my drift, eh?
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS GAS CRAP AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.  Or something along those lines.
See ya later.  I'm going to walk somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment