Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My "thankful" list

My blogger buddy, Julie Z, posted her thankful list the other day so I'm following suit.

I am thankful for:  Krunchers Sweet Onion potato chips
                              Hudsonville ice cream
                              warm slippers
                              my new mittens and gloves
                              Bridge Mix
                              Mug Shots (the new coffee shop downtown)
                              EG Kight (Blues singer extraordinaire)
                              my Nook

Now for the personal, sappy stuff:  my miracle marriage (44 yrs)
                                                        my family
                                                        hospice
                                                        Augie
                                                        my health
                                                        Michigan's smoking ban
                                                        Jazzercise  

I'm also thankful that I live in a town where I can walk my dog at 11p in my bathrobe and feel safe.  When I walk that doggie during the daylight hours people peep their horns and wave.  When I go downtown to run an errand I can easily spend an hour chatting with people on the sidewalk or inside stores and businesses.  

I am thankful for the life I'm living.  I'm a lucky, small-town gal.    

2 comments: