Friday, November 16, 2012

Did you wave at me?

For those of you new to my blog, here's a reminder.  Allegan is a small town and I've lived in it all but 10 years of my life.  Hence, I know a boatload of people.  Every time I walk Augie or am strolling around by myself, people drive by and wave.  I don't always see the actual wave because of the windshield glare so if I don't respond, please don't think I'm ignoring you.  I would never do that.

I don't pay any attention to the type of vehicles people drive.  Petey, on the other hand, knows everyone's car.  The only cars/trucks I feel comfortable pre-waving at are the cops, fire dudes and the city fellows.

Sometimes, if the light is just right, and the car is traveling slowly and I'm pretty damn sure I know the driver, I'll wave.  About 80% of the time, however, the person behind the wheel is a complete stranger.  They have made some sort of action (probably picking their nose) that I took for a wave and reciprocated.  I've lost track of how many times that has happened.

So, if you're driving down the street and see me, please either beep your horn or roll the window down and yell so I'll know, for sure,  you're hailing me.  

Otherwise, don't expect me to do a thing but know that I love and respect you.   

4 comments:

  1. I miss being the "town walker" that I used to be! I know how you feel. I'll make sure to lay on the horn. Can't wait to scare the crap out of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember my age, Gerb. Lightly tap, please, no blaring.

      Delete
  2. Hey Ellen I wave everytime I go past your house! Ok, so I am one street over flying here there or who knows. But I always look for you and Augie out doing your Walk Thing! One of these times we will have to make sure the planets align and we do lunch again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if we could eat/chat sometime.

      Delete