Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My plan to solve our economic crisis

I don't know why I never thought of this before.  And, for that matter, why hasn't anyone else?

All communities, at least here in the states, have laws against littering, right?  Our highways and byways (what are those, anyway?) are much cleaner now than they were when I was a teenager driving around throwing crap out that little wing window in my mom's station wagon.  Remember those little windows?  Didn't we call them "wing" windows?  Anyway, I digress.

Ok, back to the law.  If the law is already in place, why don't we kick it up a notch and start busting the people that throw their cigarettes on the ground?  Lit or not they hit the ground or sidewalk and just lay there.  They're every- friggin'- where

I know I've written about this before but it's bugging me even more now than before.  I really hate seeing a lit butt come flying out of a car window.  I mean, how does that person know where that little fire bug is going to land?  

I think my frustration has been building because I see so much of this infraction on my walks with Augie.  It's LITTERING!

Can you imagine the amount of $$$$$$ our cities could garner with fines?  Then, what if each borough, village, town and city took a small slice from their coffers and passed it along to Washington?  Holy moly, baby, our national debt would sink like a bag of wet cement!

Brilliant, eh?  You're welcome.  

4 comments:

  1. I am with you on this one! But lets take it one more step and enforce all the laws. Maybe all the crazy drivers in the world would shape up if they actually got tickets for running lights, stop signs, etc. We could afford additional enforcement from the fines and tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is it brilliant but you and I brilliantly used "I digress" in our respective posts on the same day. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading your "bedroom" blog and noticed, immediately, the usage of "digress."
      We certainly are smarty-pants, aren't we?

      Delete