Sunday, December 9, 2012

This is where I had dinner the other night











This is the Delano Inn






The carriage house.  The inn keepers live upstairs.

The side of the carriage house.  This is the entrance to a room you can reserve; the only one outside of the main house.
Lovely patio area.

Toss a coin in the fountain.

Cozy gazebo.  Great space for Oreos and milk, eh? 

The front porch.  A great spot to observe Allegan's "rush hour" from.
Dining room.

Living room.
This is the only bedroom on the main floor.

I'm calling this room the parlor.

Foyer.  Now let's go upstairs.

Can't you see yourself making a grand entrance down this staircase?
This beautiful window is at the top of the stairs.  It's a great place to stop and catch your breath.

Bedroom #1

Bedroom #2

Bedroom #3


There was a fourth bedroom up there but its light wasn't on and the switch on the wall didn't work and I thought it would be presumptuous of me to stumble around in there so no pic.  Sorry.

Now for a few "arty" shots.







I said a "few."  Three is a "few," right?

There you have it - The Delano Inn.  A treasured jewel right smack dab in the middle of Allegan. 

7 comments:

  1. I have never gone in and have been dying to! We can eat there???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way you can dine in this fine establishment is to reserve the space and have the meal catered.
      As far as touring the joint - give them a call. Scott will surely show you around. You'd love it.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Delano taught me to waltz on that front porch - a few years ago. Fond memories of that house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I love my old houses. I am such a sucker for staircases and that one is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour, especially on a day (night) when I'm not going out and about for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sal. We sure missed you last night.

      Delete
  5. These pictures made me miss my old house and the neighborhood...thank you for the photo tour!

    ReplyDelete