Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snow

This will not be a homage to the white stuff.  I am not fond of the flake.

I have said, more than once, that I could live the rest of my life and never see snow again.  Really.

We keep saying that we should do something with it to help us get through the season but we don't.  We used to cross country ski.  We still have our skis; they're up in the rafters of the garage.  They've been up there for at least 10 years.

We talked about getting snow shoes a few years ago.  That hasn't happened either.

I hate driving in it.  I hate how the possibility of it is a part of all of our winter social plans.  Do we buy tickets for that concert out of town?  What if it starts snowing while we're inside clapping our hands and stomping our feet?

I've gone so far over to the dark side that I don't even think it's pretty.  I know - harsh, eh?

The winters here in southwest MI aren't as horrid as they used to be.  Thank you global warming?  So far we've made it more than half way through December without the "you know what."  That only leaves January and February.  Anything that happens in March won't stick and the odd-ball freak event in April is - well, just that.  Freakish.

So, why am I still spending winters here in Michigan?    

4 comments:

  1. I am with you except for a few days before Christmas and it can leave a few days after. This year I have my order in for the 22nd. Todd arives the evening of the 21st!!! His wish is for the "S" word! After his time in Afghanistan be warned, I will do what I can to make it happen!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it happens for him . . . . in Battle Creek!

      Delete
  2. I would like to see some snow just to brighten things up a bit around here. So tired of the grey, dark, drab days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter and I just had that discussion. Snow would at least lighten things up a bit. I hate drab.

      Delete