Thursday, May 16, 2013

Preparing for dinner club.

I've written about our dinner club before - with pictures as well.  We've been together for a good many years.  They're an easy group to hang with and the up side is great chow.

Our turn to host is Saturday night.  I was all geeked up to do a theme but I peaked in March with the "geek" and it has fizzled since then.  Now I'm going with a faded facsimile of said theme.  It's so faded that it's not worth mentioning.  Let's just say "middle America" with a touch of California and a bit from Mexico.  More details will follow with pictures so make sure you check daily.  You wouldn't want to miss anything, eh? 

The only thing missing on Saturday will be Rosie and Tom.  They have a commitment.  Our loose dinner club rule is if one couple is unable to attend, we go forward (and talk about them the whole evening long).  

I think I may have mentioned this before but it bears repeating.  If the 6 women in this group were rated on their ability/desire in the cooking department - guess what my rating would be?  No question - at the bottom.

I can cook.  Shoot anyone can follow a recipe, right?  Well, most of the time anyway.  I'm just not fond of the whole process.

The fact that we were asked to join this group all those years ago still baffles me.  Must be my winning personality or, more likely, Petey's. hehe

Having disclosed how much of a fan of kitchen duty I am not, it speaks volumes of how much I enjoy my time with this crew.

Looking forward to laughs and food.  Stay tuned.    

No comments:

Post a Comment