Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Small town bashing

You know what I'm tired of?  Small town bashing.  Allegan is a small town but we have a great school system.  They offer a huge range of subjects and levels.  We are very lucky.

Yes, there are shortcomings (although I can't think of any at the moment) but aren't there issues in every school system?

I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say, "well, you know, I graduated from Allegan so . . . "  If they're blaming their stupidity on the school system here then it is definitely misplaced blame.

I hear the same crap about the hospital.  Unless you need a brain transplant there's really no need to go elsewhere.  The doctors all come from the same place - a medical school.  Even when they delivered babies at Allegan General people went out of town to give birth.  Ok, I understand if there are special circumstances but normal delivery?  I don't get it.

Same with salons.  This will probably annoy some of my friends but I'm sorry.  I just don't understand driving 30 or so miles to get my hair cut.  Again, the stylists all went to cosmetology schoolI pay $20 (tip included) for my haircut.  What do they pay?

Pardon me.  I'm feeling a bit snarky after just having read a dis on Facebook about the Allegan educational system.

I've taken some deep breaths and have calmed down a bit but I'm not going to delete this blog.  It's mine and I get to say what I want to say.  I'll admit; I'm kind of liking the power thing. hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment