Monday, February 20, 2012

Do You Have Daily Routines?

Do you do things in a specific order in the morning?  What happens if something interrupts your routine?
I have several steps in my morning that have to happen in order or all hell breaks out when I get diverted.  For example - I have to apply deodorant to a naked body (sorry if that's too much info - hope you don't have nightmares) before anything else.  Before I step into the undies, before socks, etc.  You get the picture.  If the phone rings or the dog has to go out then I find myself, later, driving to a job or the grocery store when it dawns on me that my pits are unprotected.  Eeeek!
Or how about brushing your teeth.  Do you start in the same area at each brushing?  Lower right working slowly toward the lower left?  Upper right - same story?  If my mind wanders during this routine, I have to start all over again.
Ever put hair gel on your face instead of moisturizer?  You have?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Even I've never done that.  Ok, my hand has gone half way up to my face a few times - but never actually touched it.
There is a sub group of misdirections that, I think, only happens to older folks or very busy women.  I know which group I really fall into but I'd prefer to try and pull the wool over your eyes and convince you it happens to me because I'm just so darned busy. 
It's the "I need to go into the living room and rotate the couch cushions (yeah, like I really do that), oh, there's the fan from last summer near the TV, I guess I'll put that upstairs, wait, is that the afghan from the den on the recliner?  Better relocate that.  What are my Jazzercise sneakers doing under the desk?  They belong on the back porch so I won't forget to put them on tonight.  Now what did I come in here for?"
Ever happen to you?  No?  Liar, liar pants on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment