Thursday, December 28, 2017

Bitcoin

I was just chatting (texting) with my friend Cathy Godard and she mentioned bitcoin.

I've been hearing more and more about bitcoin lately and I will confess, right here and right now, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Does it mean you pay via the internet with $$$ that's not really $$$?

Do you "deposit" real money somewhere and then you transfer it to someone else?

There's apparently a value to this bitcoin pretend money.  Like the stock market?

So I suppose one must set up some kind of an account.  And I suppose that will mean another user name and password.  Really?

We hardly ever write a check anymore.  That I can wrap my head around.  Paying bills automatically from our checking account and direct deposit to the same account is totally convenient.

Will bitcoin make my life even easier or complicate the hell out of it?  Maybe age is a factor.  Many of the senior citizens (Petey and I are included in that club) are all about being savvy.  We're semi-savvy but the concept of bitcoin sounds daunting.

Not sure I'm up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment