Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hanging with the Irish

Last evening was delightful.  We spent it chatting and eating (my favorite thing to do) at the McElwee home here in town.  Before I go any further, I have a confession to make.  I didn't get a picture of the hosts.  Dang it.  

Jeff and Diane are Irish and they know it.  Friends and family have been guided around Ireland by these two and praise the experience.

This is what we saw and ate last night.







Don't those McElwees do a bang-up job decorating for the holidays?

And now? . . . the food.  There was more on the back porch but guess what?  That's right - no pics.  I was focused and not to be dissuaded.




These were called "car bombs."  I think it had something to do with all the alcohol that went into the mixing bowl.

I thought these guys were cute and didn't know they actually sang until someone told me.  Catchy, eh?


I had no idea there'd be pyrotechnics at this shindig but thankfully I grabbed my camera in time to catch them.
 The weather outside was frightful (go ahead, sing along) but inside it was delightful.

Thank you, Jeff and Diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment