Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Won't you join us?

Have you ever walked into a restaurant and someone asks you if you'd like to join their table?

This sorta happened on our first visit to ChinnChinn and was a life saver.  The place was jam packed and scoring two chairs instead of waiting another 45 minutes or so was fantastic.

What I'm talking about, though, is the awkward invite.  You don't want to sit down with the invitors . . . just because you don't feel like it or - worse yet - you don't particularly care for them.

What do you say?  When it happened to you, if it has happened, what was your response?  Did your reply sound weak?

The above scenario has happened to us locally which makes it even more awkward.  I can't remember what we said because it happened a long time ago but I do remember our reason for not accepting the invite was because it was already a table-full and that's never been a favorite situation for either of us.  At least, that's how I remember it.

If you have a suggestion or two, I'd love to hear it so that I can tuck it/them away for the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment