Friday, October 11, 2013

Food and golf

Food and golf are a great combo for many people.  I do not, however, play golf but y'all know, if you've been reading along, that I do enjoy food.
Petey plays golf and he's played twice this summer at the Lynx and raves about the course.  Although a challenge - he feels it's well worth it.
So tonight we decided to go out to the Lynx for dinner. Yes, there's a restaurant in there.  A really nice one! I don't think people realize what a lovely spot it is for lunch or dinner.  You need to go and check it out.  Soon! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.  GO!!!















The Lynx recently changed hands and one of the first things that I noticed is the restaurant parking area.  It used to be you had to park 3 miles away and walk.  Ok, slight exaggeration, but it seemed far, far away.  Now it's close, close.  I was happy.


This is the first thing you see when you enter the clubhouse.

Bonus:  our friend, Sharon, was our server tonight.

Outdoor dining.

Diners.

I believe this is the 18th hole.  I only know that because I heard someone say so.


I didn't take a picture of the area we sat in but this is a shot of the opposite end.  It's a large space but nicely divided without looking divided.  Relaxed and comfy.

Pro shop.  I'm not a pro so I didn't stay long.

I didn't know a soul on this Wall of Fame.  That's why there aren't any close-ups.

We ate opposite the bar - along the windows in a booth.

This is as close as I got to an "arty" shot . . . except for that pipe thing underneath.

My pasta dish.  Yummers.

Petey had the all-you-can eat fish.

The sun is setting.

It sat.

Bye-bye, sun.

Bye-bye, Lynx.  Thanks for a very nice evening.
 

1 comment:

  1. I never remember to go here! Maybe because we had REALLY slow service one time but I did like the food. Need to try it out again.

    ReplyDelete