Sunday, November 17, 2013

A new addiction

As you all know (I'm assuming you do - you do, right?) that I make glass beads.  I've been at it almost 16 years and love, love, love it.
The gas I use to fuel my torch, however, does not like the cold and it's quite chilly out on the enclosed back porch in the winter.  In years past I have hauled everything upstairs to the spare room but the task just feels too daunting this year.  That means - no bead making for at least 4 months.  Yikes!!!

What to do, what to do?

I was noodling around the internet last month and stumbled upon paper bead making.  Eureka!!!  It was not an unknown entity; I'd actually considered it some years ago but for some reason, this time around - it felt right.

Here's what I've done so far.

Maps are really fun to work with.  This is the subway system for New York City.

Florida

More NYC

Florida

Florida

NYC

I colored this plain white paper with permanent marker

Christmas wrap

More colored marker beads
I want to thank my friend, Joann Chaney, for the barrel o' maps she gave me.  

I am really enjoying this new-to-me craft.  It will be easily portable which will come in handy when we go south in March.

I'm already jonesin' for that big-ass package of colored markers.  I need more color options!

No comments:

Post a Comment