Thursday, December 25, 2014

christmas 2014

The most remarkable thing about Christmas 2014 was the lack of snow.  I never missed one single flake.  I'm sure there were a lot of disappointed people - especially the kids - but I wasn't one of them.

Again this year, our third, we co-hosted a Christmas eve dinner at Lisa's for a few friends that were going to be otherwise spending the evening alone.

There were 9 of us.  I took the picture so that's why you don't see me and Peter and Jim Kauppi were elsewhere flapping their jaws - that's why they didn't make the scene.  Linda Kauppi is in the foreground, Joy Richmond next to her, Ann Elder is next followed by her husband, John and last but not least, my sister, Lisa.

A little bit o' Christmas

Notice the blurred hands?  We were hungry.

Today was Christmas at mom's.

She can decorate anything.

Here we are Skyping with Cody, mom's great-grandson, who is with the Peace Corps in Swaziland.

Any port in a storm - if you don't have cute little plant sticks to lend support to whatever that thing is, grab a plastic ladle and a silver spoon.  Ala Nan Brachman!

Can you tell by the "O" on her lips that there's chocolate in that container?

 I hope y'all had a great holiday, whichever one you chose to celebrate and however you chose to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment