Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Who Are They???

 So I'm doing a little "light" cleaning.  I'm pretty good at it.  I do, at times, go for a "deep clean" but I'm not sure my style is the same as everyone else's.

For example:  I noticed the canisters on my kitchen countertop needed a swipe with a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth to make the streaks disappear.

I began to wonder if the people that really want to hit it actually empty out the container and actually wash it.  Like with soap and water.

Are there people out there that do that???

I know someone, Lisa, that had a really narrow walk-in pantry.  It was so narrow that you really couldn't walk straight into the thing if your shoulders were wider than a third grader.  Well, the person who lived there like a thousand years ago thought it should be wall papered! 

We spent an inordinate amount of speculating how that job was accomplished. Had to be an over-achiever or a contortionist. Or both.

Remember when people used to mop their floors?  I mean on their hands and knees???  Can you imagine?

How about the concept of spring cleaning.  What does that really mean, anyway? Does that mean you move the couch and vacuum behind it? Or completely remove all the clothes in your closet and dust and vacuum?  

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

As you can tell, I don't ascribe to that style of life.

I am a bit better, though, since we live in a house with all kinds of direct sunlight screaming through the windows now.

Didn't see that coming.  Caught me totally unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment