Sunday, October 8, 2023

The Sky!

 The sky is amazing!  I have a new found appreciation for the sky.  I think it has to do with my age and my location.

When I was a kid and probably up into adulthood I didn't give the sky a lot of thought except to maybe check to see if the sun was out or if it was raining or snowing.

I do remember seeing a shooting star for the first time and it blew my mind but I would have to say that since moving to Holland the sky has left me breathless at times.

I've mentioned before in a blog that having direct sunlight has been wonderful because we didn't have that in Allegan since we lived at the base of a hill surrounded by very big trees and a large Victorian house next door.

Well, the same goes for access to the sky.  Going for a drive yesterday I practically had my nose pressed to the windshield.  The cloud formations were so dramatic and it looked like you could see forever.  The horizon looked endless.

And then we were treated to this:


And then this morning - this:


Another plus to being on flat land is driving on secondary roads lined with trees.  They're huge!  We had huge trees in Allegan but driving along curvy roads bordered by those big guys feels like driving through a tunnel.

I love looking at the sky - whether it's chocked full of clouds or crystal clear.  I won't miss a day, if I can help it, for the rest of my days.




No comments:

Post a Comment