Sunday, August 13, 2017

Has it really been 50 years?

I graduated from high school in 1967 so this must be our 50th reunion coming up, eh?

The worst part is it's next Saturday and I haven't lost the 17 pounds I wanted to lose before stepping into a room full of old classmates.

Maybe there will be a few there in the same fix.  There will, won't there???

1967:  right at the end of the innocent 60s.  The shit hit the fan pretty hard right after we left those hallowed halls.

The kids today hear "the sixties" and they think we were all hippies, flower children and protest marches.

No, we were wearing below-the-knee skirts to school.  With knee socks and penny loafers.  Peter Pan collars and cardigan sweaters. I don't know what the boys wore.

Squaresville, man.

I'm looking forward to this reunion but it will be bittersweet.  So many of our classmates have died; even since the 45th.  Others are too ill to come.

I'm thinking we'll need to stand in a corner and sing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

Watch for an update on the reunion.  Tell me I look thin in the pictures, please.  I'm begging you.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the mohair yarn we wrapped around our boyfriends class-ring ! Boys wore button down shirts with "fairy loops" that the girls would try to pull off.

    ReplyDelete