Monday, August 21, 2017

Hanging out with the Oldies


The 50th reunion was a huge success.  The setting was great and the food was tasty.

There were a lot of smiles and plenty of laughter.

I didn't get the chance to speak with every single classmate.  There were waves and "OMGs, you look fabulous" but simply not enough time to squeeze in chatting with everyone.

The group photo was pretty funny.  It was like herding cats.  Guys in the back weren't paying attention so we didn't catch every face. There was a hat here and a left eye there but . . . .  the ladies in the front row, sitting down on the ground, stole the show.  And they didn't even need assistance getting up.  Go, girls! 

The committee did a great job.  I know the time commitment reunions require having served on several in the past so THANKS!

Funny thing happened - I found myself at the "smart" table when we all sat down to eat.  That was never the case in high school.  When I looked around at my table-mates I almost got up (knowing someone would find me there and make me move) but decided to stay and learn a thing or two.  I did.  I learned that those smart kids were still smart and pretty damn fun.

I was also hoping, since it was our 50th, that they would do that "cutest couple, most likely to succeed" thing and I had my fingers crossed that I would be voted as "prettiest girl" again.

And then I remembered I was never voted prettiest girl but I WAS voted "best dancer" and I still have some righteous moves. 

No voting went on, though, which was probably a good thing.

As we left, contacts were exchanged as well as hugs and waves.




2 comments:

  1. I thought the best part of Friday's get together was when Sue Thiel, Mrs. Cortright, & Catarina Kenworthy walked in ! Mrs. Kenworthy had to tell everyone that she was 96 !!!! And still very independent ! !st best time was visiting with Tomas Friebe, & Ross DeMull !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Will there be photos? Where did you have it?

    ReplyDelete