Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Winery names

So recently Petey and I were driving around northern Michigan, the Traverse City area, and I noticed something about the wineries.

Well, first of all - holy cow there are a lot of them.  On every corner.  Ok, there aren't really corners in the wine country but you know what I mean.

What I really focused on were the fancy-pants names.  Like Chateau Chantal and Chateau Elan.  How about Bowers Harbor and Hawthorne.  Also Brys Estate  and Black Star.

Very dramatic and foreign.

Then my thoughts turned to alternate American/midwest names like:

                                  Vinny's Vines
                                  Grapes Are Us
                                  Mad Martin's Merlot

I'm sure I'll come up with more and you'll be waiting, right?
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment