Friday, March 6, 2015

Oh, I forgot to tell you


I'm still playing with adding pictures to my blog.  As much swearing I've done lately, it hasn't helped one damn bit.  My friends, the Conrads, had some suggestions but I'm not making a lot of headway in that department either.

Oh.  The above picture is from John's Pass.  This is where we caught the dolphin tour and this is the deck we met our friends Larry and Sue 4 years ago for lunch.  Bitter sweet to lean over the railing and remember the laughter.

Anyway, the reason for today's blog is I forgot to tell you about our first day in St.Pete.

We arrived last Sunday @ 1p and knew we couldn't get into our rental until 3p so we headed to one of the downtown parks along the water - still in our Michigan clothes with no opportunity to change into strappy Ts and flip flops.

It was warm and we were hungry but had Augie so going into a restaurant for a bite to eat was not going to happen.  There are some great spots that allow dogs in their outdoor seating areas but - if you know Augie - not such a great idea.

Anyway, we bought some hot dogs from a street vendor and found a bench in the shade next to a homeless gentleman where we were promptly shat upon by an bird overhead.  All 3 of us.  That 3rd one was not our bench companion; it was Augie.

Welcome to St.Pete!


No comments:

Post a Comment