Saturday, April 6, 2019

Muscle memory

It's interesting when you're away from your home for a while.  We were gone for two months this year and the return was challenging.

I remember the first time we left, it was only for a month and I couldn't remember how to turn our TV on when we got back!  It shocked me that my memory bank could empty out that quickly.

Well, fast forward to this year.  OMG, I tried turning on my bedroom light via the light switch on the wall which DOESN'T EVEN EXIST AND NEVER HAS!

The bathroom was a nightmare: does my hair gel go in the top drawer or is that designated to the middle drawer?  Does my towel go on the front rack or the back rack?

How about the egg beater - there are only two drawers in the kitchen that will accept this particular tool - how hard is it to remember that???

I could go on.  I have about 50 more examples including one about the car and where it was parked downtown but that one is just too embarrassing to mention.

Next year I think it would be a good idea to put a bunch of sticky notes around the house before we leave to lessen the frustration upon our return.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment