Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Eating down

No, this isn't a blog about dieting - although I should insert a shout-out to the "Lose It" app and to my friend, Paula, who turned me onto it - no this is about the food in your fridge/pantry.

If you've ever left your home for an extended period of time (can you say "Snow Bird?"), you know what eating down means.

You don't want to leave food hanging around that will spoil and can't be frozen so EAT UP! Hmmm, wonder why we don't say EAT DOWN instead of EAT UP?  I'll give that some more thought.  Don't wait for me, though.

That's exactly what Petey and I have been doing in preparing for our trip to Florida - tomorrow.

If you've been looking at the national weather map you know tomorrow and the next day are going to suck the big one for travelers. So we've postponed our departure until Friday - maybe Saturday.

We just scraped together some eggs, two pieces of bread that were lacking in desire and a hamburger bun that went into the toaster so I could pretend it was not a hamburger bun.  I even flattened it with the heel of my hand.  Not bad, not bad at all.

Tomorrow the cupboards will be bare and we now have to get through two more unscheduled days at home.   No prob, we'll just scoot downtown for a few meals.

Oh, wait.  Everything is closed because THE WEATHER IS SO HORRID!!!

I think the grocery store is still open and it's only 2 blocks away.

Life in the mitten - gotta love it.  Not all the time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment