Sunday, April 23, 2017

My Mom

Life is different without mom but she left a lot behind.  She left her love of reading which my sisters and I share.

She left a zest for life which everyone whoever met her felt.

This is a picture of 4 generations and I'm so grateful that the 4th generation shared many, many visits with mom.

She got a real kick out of her younger (by 13 months) brother as did the rest of us.

When mom wanted to know how to do something, she searched until she found someone that could guide her.  This day, the experience of riding a Harley fell into her lap and she couldn't jump on fast enough. That was mom.

We adored her.  So did her two son-in-laws Peter and John.  Her grandchildren Laura, Jeff, Mark, Chris and Michael.
Her influence on her two great-grandchildren, Cody and Kaelyn, will be felt for the rest of their lives.

I haven't cried much since mom died because I was so grateful that she died content and comfortable but something is dripping from my eyes today.

Thank you to everyone who reached out to my sisters and me.  Your calls, cards, emails, etc. have meant the world to us.

I read and heard, over and over, two words:  "Influenced" and "Inspired."  Mom touched so many people.  If you were one of the lucky ones - you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I think you must be a lot like your mom. You are one of those zest for life kind of people too. I think when we become the oldest living generation we begin to look at life differently. We become the keepers of the family history and are suppose to know everything from time of events, who is related to who, to all those family recipes. My mom is still living but dementia has taken away so many of her memories. I'm thinking about you, Ellen. Hoping that soon all your memories of your mom will bring you smiles instead of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful glimpse into who your mom was. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete