Monday, June 7, 2021

Last names - wow!

 There is a wonderful man (Hi, Vince) that lives here at Hidden Creek that is nice enough to keep an updated residents list.  He includes email addresses, phone numbers and street addresses - if they so choose.

Our community is really growing and this directory helps a lot.  

I've been concentrating on meeting people here at HC.  If they are out in the yard or on the porch, I approach and introduce myself. And if they have a dog I always ask the pooch's name.

So far no one has thrown a rotten tomato my way.

All the meeting and greeting has only involved first names.  My memory bank has limited space so last names don't even enter into the social realm.

We had a get-together on Memorial Day and thankfully there were name tags.  I noticed, however, that only first names were visible.  I'm thinking I'm not the only one with "last name-itis."

The other day Vince did some updating and I decided to check out the last names.  

There are some really easy ones.  Like Woods, Rice and Gates but then they take an abrupt turn into Clendening, Hurula, Smeenge and Holtgeerts.  I could go on but you get my drift, right?

So as long as Vince stays on task and I drop the guilt feeling about trying to remember last names, I think I'm good.


No comments:

Post a Comment