Thursday, June 24, 2021

Dishwasher Virgin

 So here at The Red House, we have a dishwasher.  I may have mentioned it in an earlier blog but - you know me - the lazy blogger.  I won't be going back into the archives to see if I actually did or not.

So.  A dishwasher.  We didn't have one in Allegan and we lived in that house for 42 years.

It didn't really bother me because you can't miss what you never had.  

That's not exactly 100% true because we had a dishwasher in the town house we lived in in PA where our son was born but we never used it.

So now we have one and I wasn't sure I'd put it to use but with encouragement from my sister, Lisa, I did.

Fortunately I was on Facetime with her when I ran it the first time.

The appliance people left behind samples of those fancy new pods that everyone uses so I popped one in.

Hold on.  Let's back up a second.  I forgot to mention that the same kind souls that left the dishwasher pods also left pod samples for the washing machine that look exactly like the ones for the dishwasher!!!

Can you hear the dramatic background music?

Do you see what's coming?

Yes, sir, I dropped the wrong one into the dishwasher!!!

I don't know which one of us, my sister or me, realized what I'd done first but the washing process was quickly stopped before I turned The Red House into a bubble bath.

Peter and I used spoons to scoop out the already-dissolved pod ingredients so disaster was averted.

Are you laughing because you've done it too?  Or are you laughing because you've never heard anything so stupid?

You'll be happy to know that I only dropped one can lid down the disposal and turned it on - wow, what a racket.  We had one when I was growing up so I had some experience.

And . . . I only set the smoke alarm off once so I'm pretty sure all the kinks have been worked out.

Life at The Red House.


No comments:

Post a Comment