Thursday, June 10, 2021

Dreams

 Dreams are interesting.  I think everyone dreams - even dogs.  Have you ever heard someone say "I never dream?"  I bet they do, they just don't remember.

Have you ever awakened in the night after a dream and thought "I'll remember this one cuz it's a doozy" only to completely forget it - and then have it resurface later in the day?

There must be a reason we dream.  They must come from somewhere. Anxiety?  Frustration, anger, joy, etc?

Before I go any further on this topic, I'll tell you I really don't believe people visit me in my dreams.  I dream about a lot of people, dead and alive, but visit?  No. Not in a ghosty kinda way.

I had a dream about someone in our community last night and it wasn't a good dream.  This person had just gotten a diagnosis of a terminal illness.  Upon hearing this news I was distraught.  I mean I went into a total body cry - in the dream.    

I know this person but not well so it's interesting that my dream reaction so was severe.  I think I can track down the catalyst for the subject matter, though.  Another person in our community was seriously injured recently and is still hospitalized.  

Weird how that wasn't the person I dreamed about, though.

I'm sure many, many people have those recurring dreams about "school", etc.  Can't find your locker.  Can't remember the combination, etc.  I know I did but they have disappeared from my repertoire now.

Has death stepped in to take their place? hmmmm

I had a question when I decided to write this particular blog and I'll ask it now.

Do I tell the person about my dream regarding the bad health news?

No, of course not.  If it had been a happy dream or a silly one, yes.

Many years ago I had a really realistic dream about a friend who had died suddenly and young.  We hugged in the dream.  I put my hands on his face and asked him if he was happy.  He responded with a nod and a smile.

His wife was a good friend of mine and I only debated a few minutes before I called to tell her about my dream. 

It gave her comfort.

Dreams.  Weird vignettes. Take from them what you will. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment