Friday, September 25, 2020

Morning rituals

 Do you have one or twelve?

What happens if someone interrupts you half way through?

Do you just do a mind check and carry on or does it all go to hell quickly?

Most mornings I'm up before Petey.  Not by hours but maybe 20 minutes or so.

Bathroom, remove retainer, eyedrops, baby aspirin and calcium tabs.

Every. Single. Morning.  Like clockwork.

That routine is followed by the kitchen which doesn't have near as many "moving parts."

Plug in my cell, turn on coffee, grab the cream.

Living room: open blinds, turn on a few lights and head on into the den until I hear the beeps telling me the coffee is done.

This is all extremely fascinating, isn't it?

So, this morning Petey got up before me.  I laid in bed thinking "this is cool.  I'll just hang out here long enough for the coffee to do its thing and then I'll walk directly to the pot and pour."

No, Ellen.  There are a few things you need to do before heading down the hallway.

I removed my retainer but forgot the eyedrops.

I took my Lipitor (which I take at night) instead of the aspirin and completely forgot the calcium!

The upside is with the double dose of Lipitor I'm thinking I can do ice cream TWICE today!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment