Thursday, November 5, 2020

Drill at The Red House


First and foremost - I used an electric hand drill yesterday!!! Maybe for many of you that's not a big deal but me?  Never touched one before.

The above leaded glass piece was commissioned by my mother-in-law, Stephanie Altamore, many years ago.  She had visited us in Allegan and we took her to Holland to see the tulips.  She was so impressed with the beauty and when she decided to have something made for our home, it was an easy leap to tulips.

Who knew all these years later it would be hanging in our new home in Holland.

It's hanging because while Petey was out playing golf with Randy yesterday I decided to tackle the installation.  

Removing the blind was a chore and I'll freely admit to spewing some colorful language.  With some deep breathing (thank you, Buddha) and a few well-deserved breaks, I got that stubborn thing out so I could get to work with the drill.

That went much smoother than I was anticipating and with more elbow grease the piece was hanging correctly and the blind went back up - not easily, though.

Petey was very happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment