Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Turning signal

So.  Do you use yours?  All the time - without fail?
I sure try to.  I even use mine when I'm in a "turn only" lane. 

I don't call that obsessive.  I call that being aware of my surroundings and trying to make sure everyone near me knows what my next move is going to be.

I've noticed that people here in St.Pete are pretty good about using their blinkers.  That's probably because there's so much more traffic here than in my little town of Allegan. 

Three, sometimes, four lanes all going what feels like TOO DAMN FAST to me.

The use of their turning signals does not stop them from jumping from lane to lane, however.  Dang.

Also, have you ever noticed the solid white lines on the pavement as you approach the stop lights on streets that have 2 or more lanes?

That means you're not supposed to be jockeying for position at the last second when the light turns green.  
But I see people doing it all the time.

And speaking of traffic signals.  I would suggest you not be in an all-fired hurry to be the jack rabbit when that light does turn green.

Know why?  Cuz the person on the intersecting street will more than likely be running the red light.
Duck!!! I've lost count how many times I've seen that happen.
However, if you're too slow getting out there, you can be rest assured the knucklehead behind you will let you know about it.  Honk, honk.

St.Pete is busy.  Much more traffic than I'm used to in my 3-light little town but Petey and I are used to it (pretty much) and have sharpened our defensive driving skills.

Having said that, we're usually back, safely on the couch, by dark unless we're pretty darned close.

Does this sound like it's written by someone in her 70s?  Poop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment