Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Mom - not afraid to try . . . anything


I know, I know.  What the heck is the deal with that T-shirt and how is it connected to my mom?

Hang on.  The explanation is comin'.

So mom had a zest for life and when she was curious about something or how to fix something or how to "change" something to make it better, she'd go  looking for an answer.  

Often times there was paint involved.  You could find those huge colored paper clips holding things together and rubber bands used in very unique ways.

I have a million examples but, you know me, I'm not into the long blog so I'll cut to the chase.

The house we're renting in FL has air vents at the top of the walls, near the ceilings - no basements down here.

Well, when we turned the AC on the air in the bedroom shot across the room, hit the wall behind the bed and dropped right down onto my head.

I, like my mom and my younger sister, Lisa, (haven't asked my older sister, Stacey yet) can't deal with that.  I was draping my bathrobe and other items over my head to block the jet stream.  It wasn't a satisfactory solution.

So Lisa, was telling me about the vent in her bedroom and she had the same problem.  She solved the issue by attaching a piece of cloth across the vent. I think there were paper clips involved.  It didn't completely block the air; let in enough to cool the joint down but didn't freeze her ears off.

I took another look at the vent in our place.

Hence the T-shirt shoved between vents using a wooden spoon.

Ta-da!  Mom would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment