Remember that song? Wasn't it a Coke commercial?
"I'd like to see the world, for once, all standing hand in hand"
That actually happened recently. Did you feel it?
The news of Dolly Parton's death spread across the world like a lightning bolt and everyone had the same look of shock and grief on their faces.
When was the last time that happened? When was the last time that someone died that everyone loved?
I was way into adulthood before I appreciated the many layers of Dolly. Before that time (wasn't really into country music) I just thought she was a singer with big hair, big boobs and big dresses.
I'm sure glad I didn't continue in that vain. I still wasn't much of a country fan (except my eternal love for Willie Nelson) but I started paying attention to what she was paying attention to and didn't hold back on her opinions.
I'm sure you've read and heard the many accolades from all paths of life by now. She made a huge difference for so many people worldwide. The legacy she left behind will carry on forever.
Can you think of one single person that could capture the love that has been shown to Miss Parton this last week?
Me either.
No comments:
Post a Comment