Friday, September 13, 2024

I Had an "I Love Lucy" Moment

 I'll set the scene: me in the kitchen.  Already the setting is ominous. 

I was trying to decide which pasta to make for Petey's dinner.

I had two half boxes of "long" - linguine and  fettuccine -  along with a couple others to contemplate.  Halfway through the decision making process I switched to ravioli so I "carefully" gathered up the two "long" boxes and moved toward to pantry.

Do you see it coming?  Did I set up the foreshadowing good enough for you?

The long boxes were the first to make the pantry journey and I neglected to pay attention to the open ends.

You guessed it! The pasta went flying.  I wasn't even moving fast but those suckers launched themselves into the air and then hit the floor runnin'.

Fortunately, I'd just mopped the floor so I scooped them up in a flash, comingled them into a pot of boiling water and dinner was served!

Just kidding.  Give me some credit.  I wasn't raised by wolves.

The ravioli was delicious, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment