Tuesday, June 6, 2023

What happened to the top sheet???

 When was it decided that we no longer need the benefit of a top sheet?

Who made that decision?  Do you think it was just one person or was there a "sheet committee?"

The first few times (in a hotel) when the absence of the top sheet was obvious to me, I thought maybe it was just a "thing" the hotel chain was trying out.  

There wasn't a little card in the room asking me "so, how'd you like not having that top sheet?  What did you do when you felt smothered by the huge/heavy thing (comforter/duvet?) and all you really needed was something light? You know - like a TOP SHEET?"

I would even have accepted a light blanket but there was nothing between me and that 12 pound whatever-we're-calling-that cover.

A few more hotel stays over the past few years and I see that everyone is onboard with this new fad.

Our recent trip out east visiting family was a shock when I saw my own niece had joined forces with the hotel people!

So that means this trend has spread into the private sector.

Yesterday, as I was putting clean sheets on our bed, I handled my top sheet lovingly and may or may not have whispered "I will never let you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment