Friday, July 3, 2020

First Night in the Red House

The move yesterday couldn't have gone smoother.
Thank you, Two Men and a Truck.  Actually, there were 3 guys and they flew like greased lightning.  
They finished with 15 minutes to spare on the low end of the estimate.  Yea!

Petey and I worked like crazy but not too crazy getting things put away.  There is still a lot of tweaking but we slept in a bed with sheets on it so I'll call that good.

We had lunch at our dining table and a wonderful dinner provided by our friend, Paula.

After dinner I decided to give the dishwasher a whirl.  I haven't used one since the early 70s.  Things have changed.

Luckily I was Facetiming with my sister, Lisa, when we realized that the "pod" I put into that new fancy machine was meant for the washer!!! The one that cleans your clothes - not your dishes.

The dang things look exactly alike.

Fortunately, I saw my error quickly and we didn't end up with a floor full of suds.

This was after trying out the gas oven and the new microwave.
There's a big learning curve ahead of me.

We slept comfortably and woke up to an early morning coffee on the front porch.

We're very happy in The Red House.

No comments:

Post a Comment