Saturday, February 26, 2022

Breaking utensil tradition

 I'm pretty good at knowing which utensil to use and where to place it on the table.  

Let us not forget that I had a whole year (well, really just 9 months) at Stephens College in Columbia, MO.

I have gotten a little loose gear since those days but I graduated from paper napkins to cloth napkins a while back so whatever I lost in the foo-foo table setting, I made up for with those coolio napkins.

So back to utensil choices.

Petey and I eat and enjoy salads.  Sometimes they're sitting along side the dinner plate and sometimes they're in a big bowl because they're the main dish.

As enjoyable as they are I find myself frustrated when the ingredients fall off my fork.  It's not too bad if they land back into the bowl or on the table but often times I find croutons in my lap or on the floor.

Often.

What's easier - scooping salad up with your fork or stabbing every last bit with your fork?  Some things don't pierce well.

For a while now after a fair amount of grumbling while picking items off the floor/lap I've mentioned to Petey that I should probably use a spoon for salad consumption.

The soup spoon - not that other little thing.

Well, I gave it a go the other night and . . . score!

It was the big salad with all kinds of goodies in it and I enjoyed every last soup spoonful. 

I turned to Amazon to check out the sporks.

Nope.  Not gonna do that.  They looked too much like an elementary school cafeteria.

I'll stick with my big girl spoon and try to look like that 
"Stephens Susie" from the 60s.

No comments:

Post a Comment