Monday, December 27, 2021

The Holidays of 2021

 So on the whole the holidays of '21 were way better than '20.

Definitely more open with a huge dose of holly and jolly.

Thanksgiving has never been a biggie for me.  That's a good thing because this year was a bit of a struggle.  I waited too long to make a reservation at a lovely restaurant downtown so we ended up putting steaks on the grill.  There was pie involved too so that softened the blow.

Christmas Eve was spent at our favorite local joint, Hops 84 East.  Never a disappointment.  I took some of my bracelets along and gave two away to people sitting near us and one to our server.  Feeling all Mrs.Clausey.

Christmas morning started off with a Wifi issue which meant we were both on the floor in front of the modem and wifi thing stretching and reaching along with several other contortions.  That was followed by a really painful lower back which had me walking around like that grumpy witch in Hansel and Gretel.  Nothing that a handful of Ibuprofen couldn't take care of.

Then we were off to our second family, The Dutkiewiczes.  They have been kind to us over the years.  Taking pity on us poor lonely old orphans.  The meal and all the goodies before and after were out of this world.  Jeremy and Gerah along with Niko and Kyra really put on the feed bag.  And we ate and laughed a lot.

As we sat down I could feel an ocular migraine coming on.  Oh, poop!  Fortunately it wasn't the usual.  More of a light weight one so I just ignored it and kept the fork moving.

Then as we were nearing the end of that scrumptious meal one of my crowns decided it had had enough and left my mouth.  So happy I didn't swallow it.  My new dentist is hopefully going to work his magic this afternoon and my tooth will return to the living shortly.

We don't have any specific plans for NYE.  We'll probably go back to our favorite restaurant for dinner and be home and in our jammies by 9 - at the latest - and hit the hay around 11p.  We haven't actually seen any kind of ball drop in more years than I can count.

I can't say I'm sorry to see 2021 go because we got a lot accomplished during the year.  When I say "we" I mean Petey who painted the bedroom and bath among other jobs around the house that I probably didn't help with either.  We finally got to hear and see quite a bit of live music and eat in some great restaurants.  We also saw friends and family that we had been missing.

So I hope that 2022 is good to us all and normal living will take shape in the not too distant future.

Stay well.  Stay safe and happy, happy 2022!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment