Saturday, May 8, 2021

A Variety of Moms

 Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I could easily post a blog about my mom.  Or my mother-in-law.  Both were wonderful women.  I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

But I've been thinking lately about all the women who are mothers but didn't spend time in the birthing unit at the local hospital.

They are equally revered as mothers because they care, they encourage and love endlessly.

I think back to my kindergarten teacher, Miss Adams.  I can still see her face.  She radiated love and patience.

My church choir director, Miss Ankney.  Besides my parents, she instilled my love for singing.  And learning how to read music - one eye on the sheet music and one eye on her - at all times!  

Others come to mind:

My sister, Lisa.  The super aunt to our sister Stacey's kids and grandchildren.

Janet Simmons, who has taken care of many many dogs including my little man, Augie.

Kathi Proper, the motorcycle ridin', pittie lovin' school principal.

Martha Meek, shaping minds and fingers in the world of music.

Brenda Cartwright, guiding students through the maze of Sign Language interpreting.

Kay Salo, my cheerleading coach.  She never gave me a hard time for not being able to do the splits!

I could go on and on but you know I'm not fond of long blogs - reading them or writing them -  but you get my drift, right?

Moms come in all shapes and sizes.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment