Friday, April 23, 2021

HAIR!

 Who gets a monthly haircut?  If you have a short "do" like me, you probably sit in that chair every month.

I make my appointment (with my bestie, Michelle) before I leave the salon for the next month.

The timeline on my hair goes something like this:  as I get back into my car and check myself out in the rearview, I'm thinking - yup.  Another great clipping but it always has just a tiny bit of that "I just got my hair cut" look.

That's ok because I actually think my hair, every single strand, is slightly in shock.  Like I didn't give it any warning that the scissors were coming its way.  No "heads up" as it were.  Yes, a pun was intended.

The shock wears off after a day or so and then all those white strands settle into their new positions.

We ride the "dang, I look good" for a few weeks and then about 10 days before the next appointment (right where I am now) I think we've hit PERFECTION.  

I loved every little wave and slight curl I saw in the mirror just now.

But I know what's coming.  About 2 days before the cut I look just a tiny bit like Conway Twitty.  It's not a good look on me.  Conway could pull it off but I struggle.  

The cute wave that was there just yesterday has been replaced by a rolling, way-too-big, wave.  The only thing missing is sideburns!

I have a short list of places to go today and tomorrow so people can admire the "perfection" stage I have happening right now because pretty soon I'll start hearing them humming "Hello, darlin'"


No comments:

Post a Comment