Saturday, December 15, 2012

Guns

I didn't hear about the school shooting until late yesterday.  Today after watching the news my heart feels much like it did the day President Kennedy was assassinated.  I feel the same heaviness that I felt on 9/11.

We don't have a gun in the house - never have.  My dad hunted but I can honestly say I don't remember ever seeing his gun/guns.  

It's hard for me to relate to guns.  I get the whole hunting thing.  I'm totally fine with that.  It's those semi-automatic things I do not get.  Why, besides war, would anyone ever need a weapon like that?

Over the years I have experienced anger.  There have been times I thought my head would explode.  There have been a few people that have crossed my path that I would have gladly seen go up in flames.  Well, maybe not quite to that extreme but you get the idea.

Being so angry at something or someone that I would go into a building and start shooting?  Children?  There isn't a scenario available that would push me in that direction.

I can not imagine the sadness that is being experienced today.  The voids left in hearts.  The voids that will go on for ever.  

Something is broken; damaged beyond repair I'm afraid for something like this to happen.

I'd like to say I'm slightly encouraged  because surely something will be done about the guns . . . but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment